These are the links to the stories covered on the RLM News Show – May 16, 2013
- Stocks Disconnect From Reality… and Every Other Asset Class | InvestmentWatch
- US seizes top Bitcoin exchange as crackdown begins — RT USA
- Physical gold demand shines in first quarter: WGC – Market Extra – MarketWatch
- Bill Murphy on Latest Metals Raid: There’s NO RULE OF LAW in US Financial Markets! | SilverDoctors.com
- “Bartow Bomb” student Kiera Wilmot will not face criminal charges | wtsp.com
- After Being Hit With A Cease And Desist, Car-Sharing Startup RelayRides Suspends Rentals In New York | TechCrunch
- IRS Official’s Admission Baffled Audience At Tax Panel | WHAT REALLY HAPPENED
- Obama’s #IRS Commisioner Ousting Farce: Miller Was ALREADY Set To Resign Post [Updated] | Ironic Surrealism
- Israel ‘will bring down Assad’ if he retaliates for future airstrikes | The Times of Israel
- Activist Post: Congressman Demands Holder End Marijuana Prohibition
- Exclusive: Holder Says ‘No’ to Special Counsel to Investigate Benghazi
- Holder Can’t Even Count How Often DOJ Spies on Journalists « Antiwar.com Blog
- Congressman: Justice Dept. Wiretapped the House of Representative’s Cloak Room | The Weekly Standard
- Suit Alleges IRS Improperly Seized 60 Million Personal Medical Records – Forbes
- Documents: IRS letters harassing conservative groups came from Washington, DC headquarters and from California offices, despite Inspector General’s focus on Cincinnati employees | Mail Online
- Benghazi Emails Directly Contradict White House Claims | The Weekly Standard
- Federal Judge: Only Powered-Off Cell Phones Deserve Privacy Protections | American Civil Liberties Union
- GRANBURY, Texas: Texas tornado winds believed to be up to 200 mph – Nation – MiamiHerald.com
- Wisconsin Farmer Faces Jail for Selling Unadulterated Milk | Food Freedom News
- ‘Most powerful’ solar storm rotating towards Earth, threatens damaging flares | Technology | Tech News and Latest New Technology | | Herald Sun
US moral ground has totally been lost – Mike Gravel
Press TV has conducted an interview with Mike Gravel, former US senator from San Francisco.
Links to other Important Stories I didn’t have time to cover on the show
- Bogus Survey finds pseudo-scientific consensus on cause of climate change: humans | The Raw Story
- Google wants your WordPress blog—and everything else—in its cloud | Ars Technica
- FDA Admits Chicken Meat Contains Arsenic – EcoWatch: Cutting Edge Environmental News Service
- App developer calls critic “fucken little know it all”; site goes down | Ars Technica
- Japanese mayor sparks outrage with sex-slave remarks | Reuters
- Justice Department calls Apple the ‘ringmaster’ in e-book price fixing case | TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog
- What National Security Risk? Evidence Suggests Embarassment Drove DOJ Spying On AP Phone Records | Techdirt
- New App Lets You Boycott Koch Brothers, Monsanto And More By Scanning Your Shopping Cart – Forbes
Obama & Holder Blame Their Lackies
Attorney General Eric Holder went on the defensive on Tuesday explaining why the Justice Department secretly obtained two months worth of reporters’ telephone records in an ‘unprecedented’ search for a confidential source.
‘This was a very serious leak and a very, very serious leak,’ Holder said at a press conference explaining the department’s actions which have been criticized for going against the constitutional right to a free press.
Holder said that he recused himself from the making the controversial decision to subpoena the phone records of Associated Press journalists, saying that it was made by Deputy Attorney General James Cole.
A practical understanding of “reasonable suspicion” & “probable cause”.
Learn where the legal boundaries are for a police officer to stop you, detain you, or arrest you. Know your rights or lose them!