These are the links to the stories covered on the RLM News Show – August 07, 2013
- Big Banks Conspiracy Destroying America – disinformation
- Zimbabwe’s “Blacks-Only” Stock Exchange Takes ‘Financial Innovation’ And Racism To New Highs | Zero Hedge
- When the World’s Most Popular Religion Falls, Hyperinflation Will Arrive! | SilverDoctors.com
- PressTV – New York City runs risk of bankruptcy like Detroit: Bloomberg
- Now Backed By Andreessen & More, OpenCoin Looks To Build A Better Bitcoin — And A Universal Payment Ecosystem | TechCrunch
- Wells Fargo: Your Neighborhood Mega-Money Laundering, Drug War Profiteering, Prison-Industry Enlarging Bank | Alternet
- Obama lied on Leno, where’s the outrage? | The Daily Caller
- BP Says It Has ‘New Evidence’ of Fraud in Claims Process
- Class Says Firm Illegally Filed Oil Spill Claims
- Activist Post: 1974 PSA Warned of High Tech Surveillance State for Behavior Control
- NY Times Admits: Al-Qaeda Terror Threat Used to “Divert Attention” from NSA Uproar
- US Intervention Could Fuel Multiple Conflicts in Yemen — News from Antiwar.com
- The TSA Is Expanding Its Reach Far Beyond Airport Security – Business Insider
- Internet Report Says Syria has Largest Oil and Gas Fields
- Children Given Gag Order In Pennsylvania Fracking Suit Settlement | Parenting – Yahoo! Shine
- Trail of U.S. Criminal Investigations Altered to Cover up DEA Unit’s Role as Data Source – BlackListedNews.com
- Greenwald claims up to 20,000 Snowden documents are in his possession — RT News
- Pennsylvanians ask feds to help disarm intimidating small-town militia | End the Lie – Independent News
- [Video] Anti-Gun Union Boss – “If I Answer the Wrong Question, is My [Armed] Teacher Going to Shoot Me?”
1974 PSA Warned of Coming Surveillance State to Control Behavior
“A tormenting thought: as of a certain point, history was no longer real. Without noticing it, all mankind suddenly left reality.” -Elias Canetti, Nobel Laureate in literature
The clip is of a public service message warning the public on the growing use of technology and surveillance by government and corporations (though who can really tell the difference these days) to control our lives.
Sure, you say. We know all about that. Snowden has conclusively shown us with leaked documentation that our government is reading our emails and snooping on our phone calls.
Ah. But the film was not made last week or even last decade; it was filmed in 1974.
Watch and listen. No, really listen. This message isn’t just to warn us about the coming technological surveillance state itself, but how its construct is to be used as a form of behavioral control on a mass scale.
Godfrey Reggio is best known for his artistic masterpiece Koyaanisqatsi, and its two follow-ups, films which show us the role of technology in modern society through the powerful sequence of images it conveys rather than with dialogue. Eerie and amazing time-lapse photography reveals the rhythms and mechanics of society, even as it is juxtaposed against the natural world and primitive cultures, as in the sequel Powaqqatsi.
Earlier in his career, Regio helped create the Institute for Regional Education in 1974 which created a series of public service messages that were perhaps even more foretelling of the system taking hold, if only for its spelling it out in words we now recognize as, controversially, the real society we are living in every day.
A literal “talking head” placed inside a television explains: “Few if any of us can understand. Extensive information gathering on every American; human experiments with drugs and psycho-surgery; electronic surveillance; the era of the computer; invasion of privacy; growing government and corporate power over our lives. A people plagued by dehumanization, loneliness and violence.”
Godfrey Reggio was not simply warning about the coming era of public surveillance and the end of privacy — albeit in precise terms — but he was specifically criticizing, in dire terms, the dangerous embrace of technology as a way of life.
Links to other Important Stories I didn’t have time to cover on the show
- On Obama’s cancellation of summit with Putin and extradition [ Glenn Greenwald | Comment is free | theguardian.com
- Former NSA chief warns of cyber-terror attacks if Snowden apprehended | Technology | theguardian.com
- US Senate Office Attempts to Label Edward Snowden as a “Traitor” on Wikipedia – | Intellihub.com
- A storm is coming: Sun’s magnetic field is set to FLIP and could lead to bad weather and radio disruption | Mail Online
- Do Electromagnetic Fields Affect The Pineal Gland, Limiting Human Consciousness? | USAHM Conspiracy News
- Obama calls off Putin summit amid Snowden tensions
- Yemen claims it foiled al-Qaida plot
- Illinois law encourages teens to let their own friends die from alcohol or drugs rather than call for help
- The Cops Can Take Away Your Cash, Car, Or House — Even If You’re Never Convicted Of A Crime – BlackListedNews.com
- US drug agency unit to be investigated for wiretapping, lying about evidence sources — RT USA
- Comcast NBC Universal Already Moving Past Six Strikes; Trying New Malware Popups Urging Downloaders To Buy | Techdirt
When the World’s Most Popular Religion Falls, Hyperinflation Will Arrive
just found this in the archives from this past April that we never released, so here it is. the world’s most popular faith-based religion one if a false one and it is fractional-reserve based fiat currency. When the first fiat currency falls, whether it is the yen, the pound sterling, the Euro, or the USD, hyperinflation will arrive like a screaming banshee from hell.
Fukushima Emergency: Plant leaks 300 tons of radioactive water daily
The Japanese Prime Minister has ordered the government to step in and help contain ongoing radiation leaks from the Fukushima power plant. Tepco – the company that runs the facility that was crippled in the 2011 tsunami and earthquake – has been unable to prevent contaminated groundwater from breaching a barrier and pouring into the ocean. Nuclear energy expert Malcolm Grimston joins RT to discuss this.
Permission to reprint in whole or in part is gladly granted, provided full credit and a link back to this post is given.
Latest posts by Grimnir Freeman (see all)
- It’s All Connected Podcast Blog – 2020-07-06 – Where Is The Corner Of This Circle? - July 6, 2020
- The Freeker’s Ball Podcast Blog – 2020-07-03 – #BuckMoon #AmericaIsDead #COVIPASS #GhislaineMaxwell - July 4, 2020
- It’s All Connected – 2020-06-29 – Pilot Episode – Random Thoughts And Brain Farts - June 29, 2020