Of Evolutionary Engagement
Here are the Links from this broadcast:
Infallibility Or Criminal Disguise
- Essential Knowledge
Government IS Terrorism
It Might Be Good That Ye Have Little Faith
- Pope Francis, The People’s Pope He took the name of a humble saint and then called for a church of healing.
- Pope Francis tells mafia to ‘stop doing evil’ or prepare for hell “You have power and money now from much dirty business and many mafia crimes – it is blood money and blood power, and you can’t take it with you to the afterlife,” Pope Francis said in the ceremony.
- Unholy mess: Vatican amidst mafia money-laundering scandal The Vatican Bank is under media fire as reports emerge that Italian prosecutors suspect it of laundering Sicilian mafia bosses’ riches.
The Institute for Works of Religion, commonly known as the Vatican Bank, has so far refused to disclose details of an account held by a priest in connection with a money laundering and fraud investigation.
- Pope Francis warns against the disguise of hypocrites “The sign that we are far from the Lord is hypocrisy. The hypocrite does not need the Lord, he is saved by himself – so he thinks – and he disguises himself as a saint,” the Pope observed in his March 18 daily Mass.
Speaking to those present in the chapel of the Vatican’s Saint Martha guesthouse, the pontiff began his homily by reflecting on the day’s First Reading, taken from the book of Isaiah, in which the prophet pleas for Sodom and Gomorrah to convert, and warning that they will be “consumed” if they resist. “What makes people hypocrites?” he asked, observing that “they disguise themselves, they disguise themselves as good people: they make themselves up like little holy cards, looking up at heaven as they pray, making sure they are seen – they believe they are more righteous than others,” but really “they despise others.”
- Pope Francis tops Fortune’s ‘World’s Greatest Leaders’ list, but no Obama Pope Francis was named the world’s greatest leader by Fortune magazine, topping a diverse list released Thursday.
- Pope Francis confesses he stole: Pope ripped off rosary cross from dead body
Thou shalt not steal. But if it’s a Pope-on-priest crime, it would seem that the divine mandate to keep your sticky fingers to yourself does not apply.
Francis revealed his petty theft sin today during an informal chat with Roman priests on a topic of mercy. Perhaps thinking of his own need for absolution, the Holy Father told the story of when he stole from a casket and ripped a rosary cross right off a dead priest’s body.
Francis said a priest known as the “great confessor” from Buenos Aires, who had listened to the confessions of diocesan priests and even gave ear to the sins of Pope John Paul II when he visited Argentina, had died, and Francis paid him a visit.
To “fleece” the flock evidently.
When the priest died, Francis visited his open casket to pray, and said he was stunned that no well wishers had laid any flowers out.
“This man forgave the sins of all the priests of Buenos Aires, but not a single flower?” Francis recalled. Francis purchased a bouquet of roses, returned to the casket, and noticed the shiny rosary that had been arranged in the dead priest’s hand.
Putting Faith in Things Man Made
- Mt. Gox says it found 200,000 bitcoins in ‘forgotten’ wallet
On Thursday, a U.S. judge in Chicago overseeing a class action against Mt. Gox revised a previous order, allowing some of the exchange’s bitcoin movements to be tracked.
“Today in court we got relief … specifically to track the 180,000 bitcoins, which we’ve been monitoring. Hours later, Mt. Gox claimed it “found” these bitcoins … it appears Mt. Gox realized we were close and decided to acknowledge that it owned these 180,000-200,000 bitcoins,” Steven L. Woodrow, a partner at law firm Edelson, told Reuters in emailed comments.
- ‘Liberty Tax’: White House, Media Attack After Drudge Pays Obamacare Opt-Out Penalty The brouhaha started when Drudge tweeted, “Just paid the Obamacare penalty for not ‘getting covered’… I’M CALLING IT A LIBERTY TAX.”
Jesse Lee, the Director of Progressive Media at Barack Obama’s White House, responded that that was a “Flat lie, no fee for previous year,” adding, “Scary how much influence he once had.” The Huffington Post’s Jeffrey Young wrote a full article in which he described Drudge’s tweet as “weird” and a “little head-scratching” because the Obamacare tax does not kick in until the 2014 tax year.
Drudge indicated in his followup tweets that since he is self-employed as the proprietor of The Drudge Report, he files as a small business. According to the IRS’s website for self-employed individuals, they are required to pay taxes quarterly.
“As a self-employed individual, generally you are required to file an annual return and pay estimated tax quarterly,” the IRS website reads.
So, when they file and pay those 2014 first quarter taxes, such individuals have to pay the Obamacare Individual Mandate tax if they opted to not have health insurance—like Drudge just did.
Additionally, the IRS form (1040-ES) for estimating quarterly taxes specifically recommends adding the mandate penalty to line 12 for “other taxes” — to pay before the first quarterly deadline of April 15.
“It is true that thousands of small businesses will be forced to pay Obamacare taxes quarterly in 2014,” a Senate Budget Committee aide told Breitbart News on Friday afternoon.
#NoMoGMO No Mo Faith in Official Institutions
- Breaking: Sri Lanka First Country to Ban Monsanto’s Glyphosate Due to Study on Chronic Kidney Disease Forget the tit-for-tat tactics in the EU and the U.S. causing the political steamrollering of anti-GMO activists. Behold the light at the end of the tunnel: Sri Lanka has become the first country to ban Monsanto’s toxic RoundUp Ready chemical, glyphosate, in light of recent studies linking it to chronic kidney failure.
- France Bans GMO Maize Despite EU Commission Pressure It’s a boost to anti-GMO activists to know when other regions of the world are successfully banning GMO seeds and cultivation and resisting the rush to finish off the world’s agricultural food chain. No, labeling alone won’t do it. The latest; France’s agriculture ministry banned the sale, use, and cultivation of Monsanto’s MON 810 genetically modified maize, currently authorized in the EU.
- China to US: ‘Take Your 60,000 Tons of GMO-Contaminated Corn and Shove It’ China recently rejected 60,000 tons of corn being imported into the country from the United States when it was found to be contaminated with Syngenta’s MIR162, an insect-resistant strain of transgenic corn.
It seems MIR162 is not authorized in China, and the batch was returned according to regulations regarding genetically modified imports into the country.
- China rejects fifth US corn cargo in a month, citing GMO strain China has blocked a fifth cargo of US corn since mid-November after testing found a strain of genetically-modified (GMO) corn not yet approved for import. Three more cargoes may also be refused.
- Syngenta halts GMO corn seed sales in Canada due to importer resistance What happens when more people hear about the damaging effects of GMO? You run out of a viable market for your goods That’s what is happening to Agro-giant, Syngenta, who halted its commercial sales of a new GMO corn strain due to lack of approval for their genetically modified goods.
The company has already been accused of wire tapping a prominent scientist who let the world know just how bad one of their widely-used chemicals, atrazine, was for the endocrine system. Apparently even stalking an honest researcher isn’t enough to prevent a black-listing of their own genetically modified corn containing the Agrisure Duracade trait, which supposedly protects crops from rootworms.
- Total GMO Ban To Be Considered By Russia Within Weeks As one of the few nations in the world with a GMO-free platform, Russia does not allow any cultivation of GMOs for commercial purposes. Their regulatory agencies recently suspended the import and use of an American GM corn following a study suggesting a link to breast cancer and organ damage. The Russian Prime Minister has now ordered the same agencies to consider a possible ban on all GMO imports into Russia.
- Huge: New Lawsuit Filed Against USDA over Missing Docs Showing GMO Dangers Like many Americans, you may be beating your head against the wall trying to figure out how governmental agencies could so blatantly ignore the facts concerning GMO dangers. A new lawsuit filed March 12, 2014 by Center for Food Safety (CFS) demands that federal documents be released which might incriminate the United States Department of Agriculture over findings that GMO were harmful, while shielding the public from this knowledge. The complaint is filed with the US District Court for the District of Columbia, and can be viewed in full, here.The lawsuit attests that political pressure was asserted on the FDA to approve genetically engineered alfalfa. It seeks 1179 documents from the USDA’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) which explain why the agency reversed its original decision to deny GMOs, specifically RoundUp Ready Alfalfa, being promoted by Monsanto.
No Trust, No Confidence, Big Problems Here
- Get Ready for Extra Helpings of Feces, Pus and Chlorine on Your Plate — America is Deregulating Its Meat Industry Remember in the mid-1990s when USDA began telling people to wash their cutting boards and utensils after preparing meat and always use a meat thermometer? Because US meat and poultry is so full of pathogens, if you don’t kill them they might kill you? That was the beginning of the government’s move to pass food safety risks on to customers, and more distressingly, to meat processors themselves. The move is continuing with new, alarming government efforts to reduce and disempower meat inspectors at slaughter plants and allow private industry to regulate itself.
In 1998, USDA rolled out its pilot HACCP system. The acronym stood for “Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points” but federal meat inspectors, industry watchers and food advocates quickly dubbed it “Have a Cup of Coffee and Pray” because it transferred oversight from the government to the plant, in shocking, industry-friendly de-regulation. HACCP was supposed to replace meat inspectors’ old-fashioned “poke and sniff” method of visually examining carcasses by instituting advanced microbiology techniques. But it is also an “honors system” in which federal inspectors simply ratify that companies are following their own self-created system. As in “Trust us.”
We Have a Problem Here
- Obama: If People ‘Can’t Trust’ Government, ‘We’re Going to Have Some Problems Here’ Without any sense of irony whatsoever in the aftermath of the IRS’ targeting of conservatives, the administration’s stonewalling on Benghazi, the Department of Justice’s targeting of reporters, the Department of Health and Human Services’ leveraging of private organizations for Obamacare public relations cash, and the Environmental Protection Agency’s secret email addresses, Obama unloaded this line:
“If people can’t trust not only the executive branch but also don’t trust Congress, and don’t trust federal judges, to make sure that we’re abiding by the Constitution with due process and rule of law, then we’re going to have some problems here.”
Keep It Or Toss It
- How long will your favorite food or beverage stay safe and tasty? What’s the best way to store it? Get The Answers for Thousands of Items
Spread The Word Behind The Woodshed.