Of Evolutionary Engagement
Here are the Links from this broadcast:
- NATO’s second-in-command says Russia is now an enemy, not a partner
NATO Deputy Secretary General Alexander Vershbow now says that the allied group has been compelled to treat Russia “as more of an enemy than a partner,” according to an Associated Press report published Thursday.
- Ukrainian military storm Kramatorsk, 1 dead, 9 injured
The army has resumed its special operation in Slavyansk on Friday evening. The headquarters of the people’s self-defense is under snipers’ fire, according to Itar-Tass. There are reports of injuries among protesters.
The Ukrainian Defense Ministry said that two military personnel were killed on Friday in the village of Andreyevka, not far from Slavyansk, Donetsk region. According to the ministry, they came under an attack with the use of small arms.
“The violent military confrontation is ongoing. To date, information about the deaths of two Ukrainian servicemen has been confirmed,” the ministry said in a statement, as quoted by Interfax-Ukraine.
MonSatan Killing Gut Instinct
Enzymes are essential to proper gastrointestinal health. Some enzymes are responsible for breaking down larger molecules into smaller ones, such as in the process of digestion, and other enzymes are responsible for building DNA. Without them, important chemical reactions cannot take place in the body, leading to disease, organ failure, and even death. Well a new study from scientists in Denmark points to the damaging effect of Monsanto’s RoundUp chemicals on enzyme activity in mammals.
- Glyphosate’s Suppression of Cytochrome P450 Enzymes and Amino Acid Biosynthesis by the Gut Microbiome: Pathways to Modern Diseases† Abstract: Glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup®, is the most popular herbicide used worldwide. The industry asserts it is minimally toxic to humans, but here we argue otherwise. Residues are found in the main foods of the Western diet, comprised primarily of sugar, corn, soy and wheat. Glyphosate’s inhibition of cytochrome P450 (CYP) enzymes is an overlooked component of its toxicity to mammals. CYP enzymes play crucial roles in biology, one of which is to detoxify xenobiotics. Thus, glyphosate enhances the damaging effects of other food borne chemical residues and environmental toxins. Negative impact on the body is insidious and manifests slowly over time as inflammation damages cellular systems throughout the body. Here, we show how interference with CYP enzymes acts synergistically with disruption of the biosynthesis of aromatic amino acids by gut bacteria, as well as impairment in serum sulfate transport. Consequences are most of the diseases and conditions associated with a Western diet, which include gastrointestinal disorders, obesity, diabetes, heart disease, depression, autism, infertility, cancer and Alzheimer’s disease. We explain the documented effects of glyphosate and its ability to induce disease, and we show that glyphosate is the “textbook example” of exogenous semiotic entropy: the disruption of homeostasis by environmental toxins.
- Study: Monsanto’s Roundup causes “gluten intolerance”
A recent study proposes that gluten intolerance and celiac disease are on the rise as a result of glyphosate, the main ingredient in Monsanto’s Roundup herbicide.
The National Library of Medicine states that celiac disease “damages the lining of the small intestine and prevents it from absorbing parts of food that are important for staying healthy. The damage is due to a reaction to eating gluten, which is found in wheat, barley, rye, and possibly oats.”
The study authors, Anthony Samsel and Stephanie Seneff, have a different view. They point out that this rise in celiac disease parallels the increase in the use of Roundup, and the effects of glyphosate are those listed for celiac disease.
Here is the abstract of their study [Interdisciplinary Toxicology, http://www.intertox.sav.sk/, 2013, Vol. 6 (4), 159-184]: “Glyphosate, pathways to modern diseases II: Celiac sprue and gluten intolerance”:
“Celiac disease, and, more generally, gluten intolerance, is a growing problem worldwide, but especially in North America and Europe, where an estimated 5% of the population now suffers from it.
Studies show GMOs destroy human health
Monsanto says GMOs are ‘safe’ – but they forgot something GMOs are not considered additives and can therefore be created without seeking FDA or USDA approval. While the U.S. allows GMOs in the food supply, many countries in the European Union do not allow GMOs – for good reason. (keep reading). Since the introduction of GM foods, scientists have been noting a link between genetically modified organisms and the rise in a variety of diseases and conditions. Animal studies have linked GM foods to allergies, infertility, breast cancer, immune problems, accelerated aging, insulin regulation and changes in major organs and the gastrointestinal system. In fact, many scientists warn, ‘there is more than a casual association between GM foods and adverse health effects. There is causation.’
- Up to 1,000 different species of bacteria (intestinal microbiota) live in the human gut. Intestinal microbiota number 100 trillion cells; over 90 percent of the cells in the body are bacteria. The composition of each person’s microbiome — the body’s bacterial make-up — is very different, due to the types of bacteria people ingest early in their lives, as well as the effects of diet and lifestyle.Schiestl’s group wanted to determine whether differences in peoples’ microbiomes affect their risk for lymphoma, and whether changing the bacteria can reduce this risk. They studied mice with ataxia-telangiectasia (A-T), a genetic disease that in humans and mice is associated with a high rate of B-cell lymphoma. They discovered that, of mice with A-T, those with certain microbial species lived much longer than those with other bacteria before developing lymphoma, and had less of the gene damage (genotoxicity) that causes lymphoma.
- Changing gut bacteria through diet affects brain function, UCLA study shows UCLA researchers now have the first evidence that bacteria ingested in food can affect brain function in humans. In an early proof-of-concept study of healthy women, they found that women who regularly consumed beneficial bacteria known as probiotics through yogurt showed altered brain function, both while in a resting state and in response to an emotion-recognition task.The study, conducted by scientists with the Gail and Gerald Oppenheimer Family Center for Neurobiology of Stress, part of the UCLA Division of Digestive Diseases, and the Ahmanson–Lovelace Brain Mapping Center at UCLA, appears in the current online edition of the peer-reviewed journal Gastroenterology.The discovery that changing the bacterial environment, or microbiota, in the gut can affect the brain carries significant implications for future research that could point the way toward dietary or drug interventions to improve brain function, the researchers said.
- Genetically modified organisms inject DNA into intestinal bacteria
New research is surfacing validating the grave warnings of these scientists. Studies showing infertility, insulin resistance, abnormal cell proliferation, and a host of serious health implications of consuming genetically modified organisms are growing in number.
The American Academy of Environmental Medicine warned against the use and consumption of GMO’s stating, “Several animal studies indicate serious health risks associated with GM food.” These health risks include: infertility, decreased immunity, antibiotic resistant bacteria, and poor insulin regulation. Companies pushing for GM crops state that the research shows no negative consequences for the environment or public health. The reality is a host of research shows troubling consequences from the consumption of Genetically modified food.
- Do GMO Crops Harm Gut Bacteria? Nobody Thought to Check Gut Bacteria
Back when we embarked upon this journey toward “modern” farming practices, very little was known about symbiotic bacteria in the human gut microbiome. Therefore, nobody thought to investigate the potential effects of compounds on gut bacteria. We just plain didn’t look.
Two studies published in the past six months reveal a disturbing finding: glyphosate-based herbicides such as Roundup® appear to suppress the growth of beneficial gut bacteria, leading to the overgrowth of extremely pathogenic bacteria.
Late last year, in an article titled Roundup Herbicide Linked to Overgrowth of Deadly Bacteria, we reported on new research indicating that glyphosate-based herbicides such as Roundup® may be contributing to the overgrowth of harmful bacteria, both in GM-produced food and our own bodies. By suppressing the growth of beneficial bacteria and encouraging the growth of pathogenic ones, including deadly botulism-associated Clostridum botulinum, GM agriculture may be contributing to the alarming increase, wordwide, in infectious diseases that are resistant to conventional antibiotics, such as Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and Carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE), which the CDC’s director recently termed a ‘nightmare bacteria.’
GMO Herbicides May Lead To The Overgrowth of Harmful Bacteria, Including Deadly Clostridum Botulinum
Study shows disadvantages of GM foods to human health British scientific researchers demonstrated that genetically modified DNA from crops can find its way into human gut bacteria, raising possible health concerns. This is because antibiotic-resistant marker genes are inserted with GM material, which could cause a person to be resistant to antibiotic medicines.
The study was conducted at Newcastle University on seven human volunteers who, in the past, had their lower intestine removed and now use colostomy bags. After eating a burger containing GM soy, researchers compared their stools with 12 people with normal stomachs. They found “to their surprise” that “a relatively large proportion of genetically modified DNA survived the passage through the small bowel.” None was found in people who had complete stomachs. To see if GM DNA might be be transferred via bacteria to the intestine, they also took bacteria from stools in the colostomy bags and cultivated them. In three of the seven samples they found bacteria had taken up the herbicide-resistant gene from the GM food at a very low level.
- The Organic Review: Former GMO-Safety Scientist Speaks Out on Dangers
Former research scientist at Agriculture Canada, Thierry Vrain, who made a living off of encouraging the public about the safety of genetically modified foods, is now speaking out about the truth behind GMOs.
After discovering consistent research studies being published in notable journals showing that a GM diet poses potential health risks, he has done a 180 in terms of touting the safety of GMOs.
The fact that major biotech companies such as Monsanto have performed lousy if any studies on the safety of GMOs is something that concerns Vrain. “There are no long-term feeding studies performed in these countries (US and Canada) to demonstrate the claims that engineered corn and soya are safe,” he explained. “All we have are scientific studies out of Europe and Russia, showing that rats fed engineered food die prematurely.”
- GMO Feed Harmed Pigs in Long Term Study
Via: Journal of Organic Systems [pdf]:
Pigs fed a GMO diet exhibited heavier uteri and a higher rate of severe stomach inflammation than pigs fed a comparable non-GMO diet.
In 2010, Americans were prescribed 258 million courses of antibiotics, a rate of 833 per thousand people. Such massive usage, billions of doses, has been going on year after year.
We have few clues about the consequences of our cumulative exposures. We do know that widespread antibiotic treatments make us more susceptible to invaders by selecting for resistant bacteria.
These risks are now well-known, but I want to lay out a new concern: that antibiotic use over the years has been depleting the pool of our friendly bacteria — in each of us — and this is lowering our resistance to infections. In today’s hyperconnected globe, that means that we are at high risk of future plagues that could spread without natural boundaries from person to person and that we could not stop. I call this “antibiotic winter.”
To explain: In the early 1950′s, scientists conducted experiments to determine whether our resident microbes — the huge number of bacteria that live in and on our bodies, now called our “microbiome” — help in fending off invading bacteria. They fed mice a species of a typical invader, disease-causing salmonella. It took about 100,000 organisms to infect half of the normal mice. But when they first gave mice an antibiotic, which kills both good and bad bacteria, and then several days later gave them salmonella, it took only three organisms to infect them. This isn’t a 10 or 20% difference; it’s a 30,000-fold difference.
- Monsanto ordered to stop making false advertising claims about GMOs in South Africa African Centre for Biosafety find Monsanto’s advertising claims to be unsubstantiated
Some regions, like South Africa, understand what Monsanto is about and are sending a strong message back to the corporation: Quit wasting valuable resources, time and money, promoting chemically prepared, genetically rearranged food.
People like Mariam Mayet, executive director for the African Centre for Biosafety (ACB), cannot stand the arrogance of corporations like Monsanto — an institution that tries to control world agriculture through false advertisement claims.
Vaccinating Transmission Mutations
- 8 mumps cases at NJ college
The New Jersey Department of Health is investigating eight confirmed cases of mumps found in students at Stevens Institute of Technology.
The college in Hoboken says the students range in age from 18 to 21. All were fully vaccinated with two documented doses of mumps-containing vaccine.
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has known for years that vaccine use and over-reliance on antibiotics cause unstoppable super bugs, and now evidence of this phenomenon is happening in Australia. The bacterium that causes whooping cough, Bordetella petrussis, is morphing into a superbug most likely caused by vaccine use, and is turning into a strain that can no longer be controlled with vaccines.
The big change that researchers noticed in the strains of Bordetella pertussis is that they are no longer producing a protein called pertactin. An astonishing 80% of all whopping cough cases studied by researchers in 2012 were caused by pertactin-free strains. So why are new vaccinated cases of whooping cough running rampant? It turns out that pertactin is one of the three proteins, made from purified extracts of Bordetella pertussis bacteria, currently used in the vaccine in Australia. The other two are pertussis toxin and filamentous haemagglutinin.
- Children dying from pentavalent vaccine Opposition is mounting in many developing countries against the use of pentavalent, or five-in-one, vaccines, which are being aggressively pushed by health authorities as a public health requirement. Reports indicate that an increasing number of mostly infants are dying not long after receiving the controversial jab, which is said to trigger an immune response to five different diseases in a single vaccine.
Mama Bear Push Back
Judge drops case against mom who refused to drug daughter
Maryanne Godboldo endured a mother’s worst nightmare when in May 2011 police and social workers burst into her home without a warrant, seized her then 13-year-old daughter, locked the child in a psychiatric hospital and purportedly doped her with dangerous antipsychotic drugs – but the devoted mom refused to allow authorities rip the little girl from her arms without a fight.
Instead, Godboldo, a former dance teacher who had never before had a run-in with the law, fought to defend her daughter, Ariana, in a 10-hour standoff with a Detroit SWAT team. The standoff resulted in eight felony charges, as authorities say Godboldo fired a gun into the ceiling when police broke down her door. In a hearing Friday in 36th District Court, Judge Richard Skutt dropped felony charges against Godboldo for allegedly discharging her firearm. Protesters rallied outside the courthouse in support of the mother during the hearing.
“This court finds that the defendant in fact did use reasonable force in this case – did not use deadly force … to prevent an illegal attachment, to prevent the removal of her child by the Detroit police,” said Skutt. “This court feels (Detroit police) did not, one, have the authority to remove the child at that time.”
- A Habeas Corpus that Worked The petition is relatively short, simple and to the point. It’s worth the consideration of anyone interested in habeas corpus “technology” not merely because it seems efficient, but because this petition hints at a powerful insight into how courts routinely jail parents for not paying child support without violating the prohibitions against “debtor’s prison”.
I believe the keys to understanding the power of this petition are:
1) Recognizing that the judge jailed the defendant based on the presumption that the defendant had thecapacity to pay the child support; and,
2) Defeating that presumption by arguing there’s no evidentiary support for that presumption.
Why is the judge’s presumption that the defendant has the capacity to pay the child support so important?
A: Because if the judge jailed the defendant for simply not paying the $7,000, the defendant would be placed in a DEBTORS prison—which is illegal. But—the judge could jail the defendant for civil contempt if the defendant refused or otherwise failed to pay a bill that he had the capacity to pay.
Not So Healthy After All
- A Sour Deception: Citric Acid Comes From GMO Black Mold, Not Fruit Just what is your food made of, anyway? Try industrial synthesis, genetically modified mold secretions, hydrochloric acid, mercury-contaminated caustic soda, ferrocyanide… and, of course, lots of GMO corn.
If common ingredients like “citric acid” and “ascorbic acid (Vitamin C)” sound normal and familiar enough that you practically conjure up an image of the flourishing orchard they were grown in – then think again.
Picture instead an industrial factory, carrying out protocols developed in a lab, produced with enough winding nozzles, tanks, valves, pipes and other thinga-ma-jiggers to create a meandering and disorienting Dr. Seuss story. Because, after all, these common –nearly ubiquitous – ingredients don’t come from where you might assume (i.e. simply, citrus fruits).
Instead, mass produced citric acid and ascorbic acid are hidden GMO ingredients that reportedly set off allergenic responses for some sensitive consumers. Further, both are known accomplices to the creation of benzene – a known human carcinogen – inside food and drink products alongside sodium benzoate.
- How Coconut Oil May Rescue The Brain From Alzheimer’s Disease a promising new study soon to be published in the Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease titled, “Coconut Oil Attenuates the Effects of Amyloid-β on Cortical Neurons In Vitro.”[i] The study lends fresh experimental support to an accumulating body of anecdotal reports that coconut oil may alleviate and/or regress cognitive deficits associated with aging and neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s.
Mind Numbing Rescue
- Indiana Approves Common Core Replacement Standards One of the first states to adopt Common Core standards became the first state to formally abandon the national benchmarks, as Indiana’s State Board of Education voted overwhelmingly Monday for a replacement that will guide student learning for years.
The board voted 10-1 to endorse the new benchmarks to guide what students in kindergarten through 12th grade should learn in math and English, which were created by a panel of faculty from Indiana universities and representatives from science and technology industries. The vote came ahead of the state’s July deadline and could end months of heated debate.
“I hope that with this conversation behind us, we can stick with these standards and make sure we’re not continually moving the goal posts on our students and educators,” board member at-large Gordon Hendry said. “The reasons academic standards have been successful in places like Massachusetts is because legislators and policymakers picked a direction and stayed with it.”
- InBloom Student Data Repository to Close
In a setback for the nearly $8 billion prekindergarten through 12th-grade education technology software market, inBloom, a non-profit corporation offering to warehouse and manage student data for public school districts across the country, announced on Monday morning that it planned to shut its doors.
Financed with $100 million in seed money from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation along with the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the venture promised to streamline how teachers and administrators accessed student records. The system was meant to extract student data from disparate school grading and attendance databases, store it in the cloud and funnel it to dashboards where teachers might more effectively track the progress of individual students.
But the project ran into roadblocks in a number of districts and states over privacy and security issues.
Despite billions of dollars spent to prop up the Obama administration-pushed national education standards known as Common Core with deceptive propaganda, the scheme is quickly becoming a punchline and a toxic liability for politicians. Critics are scoring victories from sea to shining sea. Indeed, virtually every state government that accepted bribes from Washington, D.C., to impose the controversial plot is now battling a fast-growing grassroots army of parents and teachers that transcends traditional partisan divides and may ultimately crush the education establishment entirely.
Behind The Woodshed for that practical education & hard but necessary dose of reality.
Spread The Word Behind The Woodshed.