Redneck Dentist Podcast Blog – 2021-05-01 – Episode 10 – Menthol Racism, Chicken & Gas Shortage, Covid Numbers
Thought of the week – Isn’t banning Menthol cigarettes racist?
Racist ban on menthol cigarettes from CDC’s own website
- More than half (54%) of youth ages 12-17 years who smoke use menthol cigarettes.6
- The majority of African Americans who smoke use menthol cigarettes.3
- Seven out of 10 African American youth ages 12-17 who smoke use menthol cigarettes.6
- A higher percentage of black adults who smoke started by using menthol cigarettes (93%) than white adults who smoke (44%).8
- Non-Hispanic black adults have the highest percentage of menthol cigarette use compared to other racial and ethnic groups.6 In 2014-2015, 76.8% of non-Hispanic black adults who smoked usually used menthol cigarettes, compared to 34.7% of Hispanic adults and 24.6% of white adults.9
Not to mention that now that the economy is about to tank the US government thinks it would be a great idea to have a black life get 51% of all businesses. You know, appoint a black person to the board, and give them a 51% stake in the business. Isn’t that awesome when the economy is about to tank and we are already facing hyper inflation and shortages?