|“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add ‘within the limits of the law’ because law is often but the tyrant’s will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”
“Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.”
These are the links to the stories covered on the RLM News Show – 2013-03-12
- Activist Post: The Economic Zombie Apocalypse
- Jim Willie: The Collapse is At Our Doorstep! | SilverDoctors.com
- “Like All Sleight-of-Hand Games It Cannot Continue Forever”
- Italy’s economy shrinks as EU leader warns of lost generation – Telegraph
- S&P 500 Triple-Dip On The Horizon? In 2000, The Benchmark U.S. Index Neared 1,600 Only To Take A Dive Soon After. The Same Thing Happened In 2007. And Now, Here We Are Again, With The S&P 500 At 1,556. Feeling Nervous? JIM O’NEILL: I Don’t Feel Good About What’s Next For The Stock Market | InvestmentWatch
- Woman injured in LAPD manhunt says cops won’t pay taxes on replacement truck | The Raw Story
- Is Kraft Mac & Cheese Making Children Sick? « CBS Charlotte
- Senate panel passes background checks for gun owners | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
- Background Checks are gun confiscation – Real Liberty Media | Real Liberty Media
- Private Prisons: The More Americans They Put Behind Bars The More Money They Make
- The Minimum Wage: A Case Study in Laughable Liberal Logic | Blue Collar Muse
- Judge OKs use of ‘truth serum’ for Aurora theater shooting suspect | The Coloradoan | coloradoan.com
- Google Experiments with a Ring that Acts as Your Password | MIT Technology Review
- Public Law 105-85 Allows Chemtrails and Biological Weapons Testing on Civilians Without Explicit Consent | USAHM Conspiracy News
Call to Action – March 2013 – The Sequester
Dr. Yaron Brook discusses how we should view the recently enacted Sequester.
Links to other Important Stories I didn’t have time to cover on the show
- State Dept Reiterates Sanctions Threat Against Pakistan Over Iran Pipeline — News from Antiwar.com
- OF THE LIARS, BY THE LIARS, AND FOR THE LIARS | WHAT REALLY HAPPENED
- Superbug scenario: Antibiotic resistance will be ‘catastrophe’ on par with terrorism — RT News
- In Italy, 1000 Companies Go “Belly Up” Each Day | Zero Hedge
- “Sorry, No Gold Today… We Sent It to China”
- US Air Force Stops Reporting Data on Afghanistan Drone Strikes | Intellihub.com
- Brooklyn neighborhood on police lockdown following protest | End the Lie – Independent News
- Artists Recreates Strangers’ Faces From Discarded DNA On NYC’s Streets | Disinformation
- Activist Post: Bill Gates Continues ‘God’s Work’, Third World Vaccine Workers Shot Dead
- Activist Post: 6 Ways Our Supreme Court Has Defiled Our Constitution
- Activist Post: Michigan Senate Votes 37-0 to Defeat NDAA
- Female senator tweets about ‘very uncomfortable’ screening by TSA – The Hill’s Transportation Report
- Hamas: ‘Declaration Of War’ If Obama Visits Temple Mount « CBS DC
- Falklands vote to remain part of Britain — RT News
- WSJ: CIA ups Iraq role fight al-Qaida group backing Syrian Islamists – UPI.com
- EU porn ban: ‘Censorship disguised by noble idea’ — RT Op-Edge
- Fearing Losses, Bernanke Considers Canceling QE Exit Strategy | Silver Circle Underground
- Arthur Dixon Dead: Police Shoot Suspect Doused In Gasoline, Armed With Scissors
UN warns Syrian crisis could engulf entire region
The U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees Antonio Guterres made a visit to Turkey to discuss the dire situation of Syrian refugees throughout the Middle East. He met with Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmad Davoudoglu and made a visit to the Turkish city of Gaziantep to visit the Nizip camp. His visit comes as the number of refugees fleeing the bloodshed in Syria reached 1,000,000.
There is 1,000,000 refugees currently outside Syria if the chaos inside Syria does not stop it will reach 2-3 million very soon. This is greatly effecting the neighbouring economies especially Jordan and Lebanon. This refugee crisis has become too big for any one to handle.
According to the UNHCR thousands of refugees flee to neighboring countries every day. There are fears that extremists and armed gangs will pour in along with innocent civilians.
The UN chief for refugees warned the number of refugees from Syria could double or triple by the end of the year if the country’s conflict doesn’t end soon. He also called on the international community to work toward ending the crisis before it engulfs the entire region.
Serena Shim, Press TV, Istanbul
Military Money Pit: US world policing failed, wasted cash and lives in vain
The US defense budget is facing almost 50 billion dollars in cuts – and it’s causing mixed feelings in America. Some fear it’ll weaken security, but others say the reduction is long overdue. But America’s huge military presence abroad is one area many think could comfortably take the hit. RT’s Washington correspondent Gayane Chichakyan has been going over the numbers.