These are the links to the stories covered on the RLM News Show – October 02, 2013
- U.S. Government Shutdown Threatening Housing Recovery – Bloomberg
- Treasury taking final steps to avoid default – MJ Lee – POLITICO.com
- Open for Business: Gov’t to Erect $98,670 Outhouse | CNS News
- FBI seizes ‘Silk Road’ black market domain, arrests owner — RT USA
- The following websites have been shut down by the government: | WHAT REALLY HAPPENED
- Tom Clancy’s Movies Ranked – Business Insider
- Activist Post: We Are 90 Days Away from the Total Loss of US Sovereignty
- Pelosi: Washington Cautioned Against ‘Saying No to Government’
- “I don’t remember saying that everyone in the country would have a lower premium” « The Greenroom
- Guess What Democrats? ObamaCare Sucks! | InvestmentWatch
- U.S. government workers feel sting of being ‘non-essential’ – Yahoo News Canada
- Heh Boehner You LYING SACK OF CRAP! in [Market-Ticker]
- The United States Feared No More | Global Research
- Venezuela-US relations: sliding down the hill – News – Politics – The Voice of Russia: News, Breaking news, Politics, Economics, Business, Russia, International current events, Expert opinion, podcasts, Video
- Iran top general views Israel threat as ‘desperate’ | Real Liberty Media
- Syria chemical disarmament team begins mission | Real Liberty Media
- Barry-cades confirmed: Park Service says Obama admin ordered closure of World War II Memorial | Twitchy
- Hello Obamacare, Goodbye Privacy: First Data Leak Reported and the System Isn’t Even Live Yet
- Robot / Cyborg Technology | Real Liberty Media
- TAO | Real Liberty Media
Guess What Democrats? Republicans? ObamaCare Sucks!
Published on Sep 30, 2013
OBAMACARE WHAT IT MEANS FOR YOU? Rip Off!!
Want to say I must be superman for not wanting the forced healthcare..
Links to other Important Stories I didn’t have time to cover on the show
- “Act of Violence”: 8 Year Old Defies Code of Conduct “that prohibits students from playing with invisible guns” | The Daily Sheeple
- Strong Tornado Outbreak Forecast for Friday – Chicago to Iowa | InvestmentWatch
- The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You’re an Idiot) – ABC News
- Greenwald: ‘The objective of the NSA is literally the elimination of global privacy’ — RT USA
- Bill Clinton Says Americans Will Get Used to Communism | WHAT REALLY HAPPENED
- Coca-Cola commercial blatantly sends subliminal messages that mass surveillance is okay | USAHM Conspiracy News
- How The NSA Helps JSOC – Business Insider
- ‘Atlas Shrugged Part III’ Producers Go To Kickstarter For Funding, Hope ‘Haters Come Alive’
- Obamacare Fines to be Seized From Bank Accounts? – Alex Jones’ Infowars: There’s a war on for your mind!
- Carlsbad Caverns closes as workers furloughed
Evidence: Stock Market Crash is Coming
We’re getting very close to a stock market crash. In this video we go into the technical evidence.
Unprecedented: The Constitutional Challenge to Obamacare
Published on Oct 2, 2013
“When this case first started in 2009 it was a laugher,” explains Josh Blackman, assistant professor at the South Texas College of Law and author of the new book Unprecedented: The Constitutional Challenge to Obamacare, which tells the inside story of the legal challenge surrounding President Obama’s signature law. “Fast forward two-and-a-half years and this argument gained steam and gained traction and started to be accepted by judges and some scholars. And then we go to the Supreme Court where five justices say that Congress can’t regulate inactivity and seven justices say that the federal government can’t coerce states into accepting Medicaid money. Holy cow!”
In the end, of course, the court upheld Obamacare’s individual mandate by declaring it a tax, which critics believe effectively rewrote the legislation. Blackman believes Chief Justice John Roberts’ majority opinion wrongly “upheld a law that Congress never wrote,” but he sees a clear indication that the “federalism revolution” of the Rehnquist court is still ongoing. “You now have the strong constitutional undercurrent in the people [via the Tea Party talking] about what the federal government can do, and you have the Supreme Court on record saying that there are certain things the government can and can’t do. This, actually, is not so bad for libertarians. This might be a good recognition that the Constitution has very strong libertarian principles embedded into it.”
Blackman sat down with Reason’s Damon Root to discuss Unprecedented, the case against Obamacare, and how he sees the remaining legal challenges against the health care law faring in court.
Produced by Meredith Bragg. Cameras by Todd Krainin and Bragg.
Permission to reprint or republish this post in whole or in part is gladly granted, provided full credit and a link back to this post is given.