Of Evolutionary Engagement
The Victory Against You in the Silent War is Your Silence
Glitches In The Matrix Coming Attractions
To Sustainable Global Finance
Russian President Vladimir Putin has drafted a bill that aims to eliminate the US dollar and the euro from trade between CIS countries.
This means the creation of a single financial market between Russia, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and other countries of the former Soviet Union.
“This would help expand the use of national currencies in foreign trade payments and financial services and thus create preconditions for greater liquidity of domestic currency markets”, said a statement from Kremlin.
The bill would also help to facilitate trade in the region and help to achieve macro-economic stability.
The Zio-West Head-Fakery
Russian fighter pilots are expected to begin arriving in Syria in the coming days, and will fly their Russian air force fighter jets and attack helicopters against ISIS and rebel-aligned targets within the failing state.According to Western diplomats, a Russian expeditionary force has already arrived in Syria and set up camp in an Assad-controlled airbase. The base is said to be in area surrounding Damascus, and will serve, for all intents and purposes, as a Russian forward operating base.
- Russian Military Forces Arrive In Syria, Set Forward Operating Base Near Damascus While military direct intervention by US, Turkish, and Gulf forces over Syrian soil escalates with every passing day, even as Islamic State forces capture increasingly more sovereign territory, in the central part of the country, the Nusra Front dominant in the northwestern region province of Idlib and the official “rebel” forces in close proximity to Damascus, the biggest question on everyone’s lips has been one: would Putin abandon his protege, Syria’s president Assad, to western “liberators” in the process ceding control over Syrian territory which for years had been a Russian national interest as it prevented the passage of regional pipelines from Qatar and Saudi Arabia into Europe, in the process eliminating Gazprom’s – and Russia’s – influence over the continent.As recently as a month ago, the surprising answer appeared to be an unexpected “yes”, as we described in detail in “The End Draws Near For Syria’s Assad As Putin’s Patience “Wears Thin.” Which would make no sense: why would Putin abdicate a carefully cultivated relationship, one which served both sides (Russia exported weapons, provides military support, and in exchange got a right of first and only refusal on any traversing pipelines through Syria) for years, just to take a gamble on an unknown future when the only aggressor was a jihadist spinoff which had been created as byproduct of US intervention in the region with the specific intention of achieving precisely this outcome: overthrowing Assad (see “Secret Pentagon Report Reveals US “Created” ISIS As A “Tool” To Overthrow Syria’s President Assad“).As it turns out, it may all have been just a ruse. Because as Ynet reports, not only has Putin not turned his back on Assad, or Syria, but the Russian reinforcements are well on their way.
- Flashpoint: White House Confirms Russian Presence In Syria, Warns It Is “Destabilizing” Two days ago we reported something which we had anticipated for a long time but nonetheless did not expect to take shape so swiftly: namely, that with Assad’s regime close to collapse and fighting a war on three different fronts (one of which is directly supported by US air and “advisor” forces), Putin would have no choice but to finally intervene in the most anticipated showdown in recent history as “Russian fighter pilots are expected to begin arriving in Syria in the coming days, and will fly their Russian air force fighter jets and attack helicopters against ISIS and rebel-aligned targets within the failing state.”This was indirectly confirmed the very next day when an al-Nusra linked Twitter account posted pictures of a Russian drone and a Su-34 fighter jet – the kind which is not flown by the Syrian air force – flying over the Nusra-controlled western idlib province.Then earlier today we got the closest thing to a confirmation from the White House itself which confirmed that “it was closely monitoring reports that Russia is carrying out military operations in Syria, warning such actions, if confirmed, would be “destabilising and counter-productive.“Obama spokesman Joshn Earnest essentially confirmed Russia was already operating in Syria when he said that “we are aware of reports that Russia may have deployed military personnel and aircraft to Syria, and we are monitoring those reports quite closely.””Any military support to the Assad regime for any purpose, whether it’s in the form of military personnel, aircraft supplies, weapons, or funding, is both destabilising and counterproductive.”
And another confirmation: “a US official confirmed that “Russia has asked for clearances for military flight to Syria,” but added “we don’t know what their goals are.”
“Evidence has been inconclusive so far as to what this activity is.”
Other reports have suggested Russia has targeted Islamic State group militants, who have attacked forces loyal to Russian-backed Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad.
Both the White House and the Pentagon refused to say whether they had intelligence suggesting the reports were accurate.
Of course, what is left unsaid is that since Russia is there under the humanitarian pretext of fighting the evil ISIS, the same pretext that the US, Turkey, and the Saudis are all also there for.
- Premature to talk about Russian military action against IS: Putin
Russian President Vladimir Putin said Friday it was premature to talk about Russia taking part in military operations against the Islamic State group, as the US said it was checking reports of Russian troops in Syria.
Asked whether Russia could take part in operations against IS, Putin said: “We are looking at various options but so far what you are talking about is not on the agenda.”
“To say we’re ready to do this today — so far it’s premature to talk about this. But we are already giving Syria quite serious help with equipment and training soldiers, with our weapons,” RIA Novosti state news agency quoted Putin as saying.
The White House on Thursday said it was closely monitoring reports that Russia is carrying out military operations in Syria, warning such actions, if confirmed, would be “destabilising and counter-productive.”
The comments come after images appeared on a social media account linked to Syrian fighters purporting to show Russian aircraft and drones near Idlib province.
Putin, speaking at an international economic forum in the far eastern city of Vladivostok, criticised US air strikes on IS as ineffective.
- The most anticipated showdown in recent history or a load of bullcrap? So now we have the ‘evidence’.First, we have 4 grainy photos from an al-Nusra linked Twitter account:Second, we have this confirmation from the White House via Zero Hedge:
Then earlier today we got the closest thing to a confirmation from the White House itself which confirmed that “it was closely monitoring reports that Russia is carrying out military operations in Syria, warning such actions, if confirmed, would be “destabilising and counter-productive.” Obama spokesman Joshn Earnest essentially confirmed Russia was already operating in Syria when he said that “we are aware of reports that Russia may have deployed military personnel and aircraft to Syria, and we are monitoring those reports quite closely.”
I have a few questions about this “evidence”:
- Since when are ‘tweets’ from an al-Nusra linked account a credible source of information?
- Since when is the White House a credible source of information?
- How can you tell when/where the photos above were taken?
- What do you see on these photos – MiG-29, SU-27, SU-34s or MiG-31s?
As for the articles, they quote all these aircraft, but also Russian helicopters, Russian ships in Tartus, while the White House speaks of “military flights”. And on the basis of all that, Zero Hedge speaks of the “most anticipated showdown in recent history“.
Now I want to make something unambiguously clear: I am NOT, repeat, NOT affirming that there is no Russian military operation going on. It is *possible* that there is some kind of Russian military operation going on. But what I am saying is that there is a huge conceptual distance between “possible” and “likely” and that, at this point in time, there is exactly zero evidence for such an operation.
- Israel furious at UN report detailing torture of Palestinian children
The Committee on the Rights of Children, a body of independent legal experts charged by the UN with the task of monitoring the protection of children’s rights in signatory states, has urged Israel to honour its responsibility to prevent the torture and ill-treatment of children.
“The Committee expresses its deepest concern about the reported practice of torture and ill-treatment of Palestinian children arrested, prosecuted and detained by the military and the police, and about the State party’s failure to end these practices in spite of repeated concerns expressed by treaty bodies,” the investigative body stated in its periodic review of Israel’s child rights record, released on Thursday.
It continued: “[Palestinian children are] systematically subject to physical and verbal violence, humiliation, painful restraints, hooding of the head and face in a sack, threatened with death, physical violence, and sexual assault against themselves or members of their family, restricted access to toilet, food and water.
“These crimes are perpetrated from the time of arrest, during transfer and interrogation, to obtain a confession but also on an arbitrary basis as testified by several Israeli soldiers as well as during pretrial detention.”
The report prompted a furious response from Israel, countering that the findings are “not based on any direct investigation on the ground, only on documents gathered from secondary sources.”
- Turkey extends mandate for military ops in Iraq, Syria The Turkish parliament approved Thursday a motion to extend the mandate authorizing the Turkish Armed Forces to take military action in Syria and Iraq.The motion extends mandate allowing Turkish army for cross border operations against “terrorist threats” and permitting foreign forces to use Turkish territory against the same threats including Daesh, and the PKK, which is listed as a terrorist organization by the U.S., Turkey and EU.”Armed PKK terror elements continues their existence in Iraq’s northern region. It was observed that the number of other terror elements and the threat that they pose has increased significantly in Syria and Iraq …
- Britain and France plot airstrikes against Isis in Syria as European migrant crisis grows George Osborne said Britain must tackle the “evil Assad regime and the Isil terrorists” as sources in Paris revealed that president Francois Hollande is set to green light a new wave of French airstrikes.Russia has reportedly already sent fighter pilots to the country – which is being gripped by a bloody civil war – after agreeing a military alliance with Iran.Now David Cameron is under pressure from senior Tories to bring forward plans to extend RAF airstrikes into Syria as the migrant crisis deepens.
- ISIS carries out chemical attacks in Iraq, Syria Kurdish authorities said on Tuesday they suspected a homemade rocket fired by Islamic State at their Peshmerga forces in northern Iraq contained chemical substances, accusing the Islamist insurgents of an increasing use of chemical weapons, Reuters reported.The Kurdistan Region’s Security Council (KRSC) said the attack had taken place along the front line north of Mosul on Aug. 31, and one Peshmerga fighter was receiving treatment in hospital.A “considerable amount” of yellow smoke was produced, it said.Samples taken from the site of another attack earlier this year tested positive for chlorine, and at least two other incidents are being investigated.In similar chemical attack in Syria, ISIS on Tuesday has fired at least 15 mustard gas mortars on northern town of Marea, 20 km (12 miles) from the Turkish border, 25 suffocation cases were reported, medics told Zaman al-Wasl.The medical crew said ISIS toxic gas attack is the second in 10 days on the border town with Turkey.
Chemical War On You
- Glyphosate Causes Cancer: EPA “Trade Secret” Sealed Files Reveal Cancer Link Known Back in the 1970s
Dr. Anthony Samsel was recently interviewed by Tony Mitra, where he discussed certain documents he has in his possession from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) that allegedly show Monsanto knew about research connecting glyphosate to cancer since the 1970s.Dr. Samsel is a research scientist and consultant who has been studying the toxicity of glyphosate, the world’s most prevalent herbicide used in commercial agriculture on GMO crops, for many years now. He has authored several papers with Dr. Stephanie Seneff on the toxicity of glyposate, including:
- Anthony Samsel and Stephanie Seneff. “Glyphosate, pathways to modern diseases III: Manganese, neurological diseases, and associated pathologies.” Surgical Neurology International 2015, 6:45.
- Anthony Samsel and Stephanie Seneff, ” Glyphosate, pathways to modern diseases II: Celiac sprue and gluten intolerance.” Interdiscip Toxicol. 2013; 6(4): 159-184.
- Anthony Samsel and Stephanie Seneff, “Glyphosate’s Suppression of Cytochrome P450 Enzymes and Amino Acid Biosynthesis by the Gut Microbiome: Pathways to Modern Diseases” Entropy 2013, 15(4), 1416-1463; doi:10.3390/e15041416
The biotech agricultural community has laughed off these studies primarily by attacking Dr. Samsel and Dr. Seneff’s credentials on this topic.
However, they are not laughing anymore.
In March of this year (2015) the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), which is part of the World Health Organization (WHO) released a report listing glyphosate as “probably carcinogenic” in causing non-Hodgkin lymphoma and prostate cancer. The news made headlines in most of the major mainstream media outlets.
Dr. Samsel states that glyphosate is not a “probable” carcinogen, but it is a carcinogen, based on studies that were hidden for years as they were classified as “trade secrets.”
- Yes – Animals Suffer from Genetically Modified Foods, Says Primatologist Jane Goodall
“Animals tell us something about GMOs” British anthropologist Jane Goddall spent decades observing the behavior of primates in their natural habits. Now she is confronting the National Press with her insights into genetically modified food and its effects on animals as well as human beings.The Primatologist warned consumers at a National Press Club news conference to take heed when animals respond poorly to GMO diets. She also urged governments to impose stronger safeguards on genetically modified organisms.Goodall warned:
“Animals tell us something. If the animals have suffered this way [from GMOs], potentially for us, let’s listen to what they’re telling us. Let’s take heed.”
Goodall has joined forces with attorney Steven Druker in a book he penned to disclose the dangers of GM organisms on animals. Since much of the GM soy and corn grown in the US ends up in animal feed, she urges us to notice what happens to the animals once they’ve consumed a biotech-altered diet.
Druker’s book focuses on FDA regulation (or lack thereof) of GMOs, detailing a cozy relationship with Monsanto and other Big Ag corporations.
- Goodall says animals ‘suffer’ from genetically modified foods Goodall joined public interest attorney Steven Druker to talk about the Food and Drug Administration’s oversight of GMOs — organisms that have been engineered to develop new traits, commonly for the enhancement and growth of crops. Those crops often are fed to animals.Goodall wrote the foreword for Druker’s 2015 book on FDA regulation of GMOs, which alleges a too-cozy relationship with Monsanto MON, -1.26% and other agribusiness companies. At Tuesday’s news conference, Druker noted that Michael R. Taylor, the FDA deputy commissioner for foods and veterinary medicine is a former Monsanto Co. vice president.Although an FDA spokeswoman had no immediate comment, the agency’s website says, “Foods from genetically engineered plants must meet the same requirements, including safety requirements, as foods from traditionally bred plants.”Druker discussed how he believes the FDA is not being truthful in its representation of GMO safety to the general public. The concern is that there has not been enough investigation into the effects of GMOs on feed animals, which eventually end up on American dinner tables.Monsanto’s website says it produces eight commercially available GMO crops: corn, soybeans, cotton, alfalfa, sugar beets, canola, papaya and squash. About 80% of packaged foods have at least one ingredient derived from a GMO, Druker said.Goodall said that the industry studies she has seen report very little adverse effects on animals that eat the crops but independent studies demonstrate otherwise.
No Mo GMO
- Oregon County Set to Destroy Monsanto’s GMO Crops Monsanto has been warned, and Syngenta already moved their operations outside the county. Notice was given by Josephine County, Oregon that citizens are very serious about the GMO ban (Measure 17-58) that was passed last year. The cultivation of GMO crops will not be tolerated.Biotech companies have until September 4th, just a few short weeks away, to either harvest their crops or destroy them, or they face monetary penalties.The very first line of the ordinance to ban GMOs in Josephine County states its purpose:
“[to] maintain and protect seed sovereignty and local control, free from outside corporate interests and unnecessary and overreaching preemption by the state and federal governments, of this County’s agriculture, environment, public health, economy and private property rights as they pertain to genetic contamination from genetically engineered plants;”
The notice states, in short, that farmers will be penalized if they continue to grow GMO crops past September 4th. The notice will be published by the county in an effort to remind farmers about the voter-passed GMO ban (as if they could possibly be ignorant of this after all the controversy surrounding it). County Counsel Wally Hicks says the county is still fine-tuning the notice before it is to be posted in the Daily Courier.
- Long exposure to tiny amounts of Monsanto’s Roundup may damage liver, kidneys – study
Long-term intake of the Monsanto’s most popular Roundup herbicide, even in very small amounts lower than permissible in US water, may lead to kidney and liver damage, a new study claims.
The research, conducted by an international group of scientists from the UK, Italy and France, studied the effects of prolonged exposure to small amounts of the Roundup herbicide and one of its main components – glyphosate.
In their study, published in Environmental Health on August 25, the scientists particularly focused on the influence of Monsanto’s Roundup on gene expression in the kidneys and liver.
In the new two-year study, which extended the findings from one conducted in 2012, the team added tiny amounts of Roundup to water that was given to rats in doses much smaller than allowed in US drinking water.
Scientists say that some of the rats experienced “25 percent body weight loss, presence of tumors over 25 percent bodyweight, hemorrhagic bleeding, or prostration.”
Weaponizing Social Justice
- Bombshell: Mind-control engineers drugging children for “Social Justice” It’s the latest thing. Psychiatrists are giving children in poor neighborhoods Adderall, a dangerous stimulant, by making false diagnoses of ADHD, or no diagnoses at all. Their aim? To “promote social justice,” to improve academic performance in school.The rationale is, the drugged kids will now be able to compete with children from wealthier families who attend better schools.Leading the way is Dr. Michael Anderson, a pediatrician in the Atlanta area. Incredibly, Anderson told the New York Times (“Attention Disorder or Not, Pills to Help in School”) his diagnoses of ADHD are “made up,” “an excuse” to hand out the drugs.“We’ve decided as a society that it’s too expensive to modify the kid’s environment. So we have to modify the kid,” Anderson said.It would be hard to find a clearer mission statement from a psychiatrist: mind control.A researcher at Washington University in St. Louis, Dr. Ramesh Raghavan, goes even further with this chilling comment: “We are effectively forcing local community psychiatrists to use the only tool at their disposal [to ‘level the playing field’ in low-income neighborhoods], which is psychotropic medicine.”
So pressure is being brought to bear on psychiatrists to launch a heinous behavior modification program, using drugs, against children in inner cities.
It’s important to realize that all psychotropic stimulants, like Adderal and Ritalin, can cause aggressive behavior, violent behavior.
What we’re seeing here is a direct parallel to the old CIA program, exposed by the late journalist, Gary Webb, who detailed the importing of crack cocaine (another kind of stimulant) into South Central Los Angeles, which went a long way toward destroying that community.
It is widely acknowledged, and admitted in the Times article, that the effects of ADHD drugs on children’s still-developing brains are unknown. Therefore, the risks of the drugs are great. At least one leading psychiatrist, Peter Breggin, believes there is significant evidence that these stimulants can cause atrophy of the brain.
Deploying the ADHD drugs creates symptoms which may then be treated with compounds like Risperdal, a powerful anti-psychotic, which can cause motor brain damage.
All this, in service of “social justice” for the poor.
- You Can Be a Tomato If You Want, Just Don’t Force Me to Call You a Tomato – zITs All Inclusive. Thiz ITernet of Things
The new PC language requirements on some college campuses and elsewhere require others to accept and to become a part of an ideological or even a delusional construct. It changes how we are allowed to think about things. It’s not freedom, it’s enslavement to leftist ideology and to falsehoods.Freedom of Speech is the cornerstone of freedom and political correctness is a direct threat to it.You can call yourself a tomato for all I care, just don’t expect me to call you a tomato though I will always be nice to people who think they are tomatoes.At the University of Tennessee, students and professors are advised to change their pronoun usage for any person who doesn’t identify as male or female. These are people who are not undergoing sex-reassignment surgery.It’s akin to the idea that Shaun King and Rachel Dolezal can be black if they wake up one day and say they are.American Heritage defines political correctness as “Showing an effort to make broad social and political changes to redress injustices caused by prejudice. It often involves changing or avoiding language that might offend anyone, especially with respect to gender, race, or ethnic background.”
Who decides what is an injustice or an offense? Does one’s perceived injustice trump another’s right to free speech and to express the truth? Politically correct speech being forced on people endangers the right to free speech by distorting truth.
It makes telling the truth punishable. It also changes the meaning of things.
For example, Card Check is the PC term for a union rule that would require people to give up their American right to a secret ballot in voting for or against unionization. Using the term “sexual assault” in lieu of “rape” is unclear and actually minimizes the crime. For some it’s not PC to fly the American flag or say America is the land of opportunity and for others, being referred to as male or female is rude. Where does it end and how will we ever speak the truth?
The University of Tennessee’s Office for Diversity and Inclusion Pride Center Director, Donna Braquet, wrote in a column that students and professors should ask each other what pronouns they use. Students who do not think they are men or women might want to be called gender-neutral pronouns like “ze, hir, hirs, and xe, xem, xyr”.
“These may sound a little funny at first, but only because they are new,” Braquet wrote. “The more we make sharing of pronouns a universal practice, the more inclusive we will be as a campus.”
“We should not assume someone’s gender by their appearance, nor by what is listed on a roster or in student information systems,” wrote Donna Braquet.
Hello! Yes we should.
This is actually divisive, not inclusive. It’s forcing people to use PC language representing a certain leftist ideological concept.
It also could be promoting mental illness in some people who need help and not more encouragement.
- Individual Animals (Again) Get on the Crime Victims List in Oregon
Oregon is again the first state where prosecutors may count each abused animal as a crime victim. The state did so once before and then took it back, but now it has reinstated the court precedent to let animals count as individuals under state law.Non-humans have long had victim status under the law. Partnerships, corporations, nonprofit organizations, churches, trade associations, unions, and country clubs are among the crime victims recognized by various state laws.How a new Oregon Appeals Court ruling has reinstated animals as individual victims is a story that begins with 45 cats found living with a woman named Terrianne Hess who, according to expert testimony, was suffering from Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder. Her lawyer wanted Oregon courts to consider those cats her property, not the separate victims of her confused mind.State v. Hess is a big win for animal rights activists in that, for the time being at least, it reinstates the decision in the case of State v. Nix. It was in the Nix case that the Oregon Supreme Court first ruled that animals could be crime victims. But it turned out that case had gone to the high court by mistake and, in March 2015, state judges vacated the decision.Nix, however, is the precedent cited in the new case, State v. Hess. The Oregon State Court of Appeals has reinstated Nix, to the delight of the animal rights movement.To get there, the appellate judges accepted the trial court’s jury instructions that had the effect of setting aside the mental condition of defendant Hess. Her attorney also “assigns error to the trial court’s failure to merge the guilty verdicts on the 45 animal-neglect counts into a single conviction for first-degree animal-neglect,” the appeals court decision states.
“Defendant argues that the trial court erred in concluding that each animal was a separate victim for purposes of Oregon’s anti-merger statute, ORS 161.067(2), which provides that, ‘when the same conduct or criminal episode, though violating only one statutory provision involves two or more victims, there are as many separately punishable offenses as there are victims.’”
The ruling that’s now the law in Oregon, however, relied on the state supreme court’s Nix decision, which, though vacated, nonetheless persuaded the appeals court.
& Waging Civil War 2.0
- Washington Post: To Hell With The Southern Belle In The Washington Post, there is a new two minute hate against the Southern belle, which is now said to be a symbol of feminine white privilege and institutional racism in the South, and which must be eradicated from Southern college campuses in a new “social justice” crusade:
“If UGA and other Southern schools really want to lead, they will not only ban the hoop; they will also go after the belle. This will be tougher to do. It will mean discontinuing support for still-prevalent campus productions that promote imaginative connection with the Old South. And it will mean instituting new campus productions in their place. For their part, traditionally white Southern sororities serious about anti-racism will scrap the belle aesthetic and corresponding performances designed to measure it. They will develop new yardsticks for evaluating potential members that are less about looks and more about leadership. In short, they will confront the central role their choreography plays in reiterating race and class privilege. They will just say to hell with the belle.”
Even after eschewing the Southern belle aesthetic, the Alpha Phi sororiety at the University of Alabama is under fire by the mainstream media for being, well, feminine and “racially homogeneous.”
In the United States, it is mainstream and politically correct to “hate” the White South. Cultural genocide and bigotry is even fashionable so long as we are the target. Multiculturalism holds that all minority cultures and deviant lifestyles must be celebrated and accepted with the exception of the traditional culture of the White South. That is where the line is drawn.
The ‘Best Science’ Fraud
- Quantum “Spookiness” Passes Toughest Test Yet It’s a bad day both for Albert Einstein and for hackers. The most rigorous test of quantum theory ever carried out has confirmed that the ‘spooky action at a distance’ that the German physicist famously hated — in which manipulating one object instantaneously seems to affect another, far away one — is an inherent part of the quantum world.The experiment, performed in the Netherlands, could be the final nail in the coffin for models of the atomic world that are more intuitive than standard quantum mechanics, say some physicists. It could also enable quantum engineers to develop a new suite of ultrasecure cryptographic devices.“From a fundamental point of view, this is truly history-making,” says Nicolas Gisin, a quantum physicist at the University of Geneva in Switzerland.
Judicial Reflexive Injustice
- Under-the-Radar Supreme Court Freedom of Speech Case Sends Shockwaves through Courts and Legislatures
A recent unanimous Supreme Court decision could result in government being unable to put any kind of content restrictions on speech—even misleading or safety-related messages.An ordinance in Gilbert, Arizona, restricted the temporary signs churches sometimes use to direct worshippers to their services, but didn’t restrict all types of signs. The Supreme Court ruled (pdf) on June 18 in Reed vs. Town of Gilbert that making the distinction was wrong.Justice Clarence Thomas wrote for the court that content-based restrictions are subject to “strict scrutiny,” a difficult hurdle for government to clear. In this case, it’s akin to using a bazooka to swat a fly. The strict scrutiny standard means that there must be a compelling government interest in the content, that the policy be narrowly tailored to fit the interest, and that the least restrictive means of achieving that interest be used. Thomas’ decision declares that any restriction on content is unconstitutional on its face.That standard could make it difficult for government to restrict speech such as securities regulation, drug labeling and speech meant to protect consumers, noted Adam Liptak of The New York Times. The ruling may undermine numerous laws, including those that regulate malpractice and misleading advertising, he said, as well as tax return disclosures, medical form confidentiality and even petting zoo signs, according to Justice Stephen G. Breyer.“Effectively, this would roll consumer protection back to the 19th century,” Robert Post, dean of Yale Law School and a free-speech expert, told the Times.
- Unlawful immigrants can have gun rights, appeals court rules In the case of a Milwaukee man deported over a single .22-caliber cartridge, a federal appeals court ruled last week that even unlawful immigrants can be part of “the public” that enjoys a Second Amendment right to keep a gun for self-defense.The U.S. 7th Circuit Court of Appeals said even undocumented immigrants can be part of “the people” protected by the Bill of Rights, though it upheld the man’s conviction on a specific law that prohibits most such people from having guns.”It is now clear that the Second Amendment right to bear arms is no second-class entitlement, (and) we see no principled way to carve out the Second Amendment and say that the unauthorized (or maybe all noncitizens) are excluded,” Judge Diane Wood wrote for a panel that included Judges Frank Easterbrook and Joel Flaum.”No language in the Amendment supports such a conclusion, nor, as we have said, does a broader consideration of the Bill of Rights.”Because four other federal circuit courts have come to the opposite conclusion, legal commentators were quick to suggest the issue of whether undocumented immigrants have Second Amendment rights could now be headed for the U.S. Supreme Court.While rejecting the idea that undocumented immigrants could never have any rights under the Second Amendment, Wood noted that even for citizens, those rights are not unlimited. She found that a federal law tailored to keep guns out of the hands of undocumented immigrants — like gun restrictions imposed on felons and those convicted of domestic violence — was constitutional, and upheld the conviction on those grounds.
According to the opinion:
- 18 U.S. Code § 922 – Unlawful acts
(g) It shall be unlawful for any person— . . . . (5) who, being an alien—(A) is illegally or unlawfully in the United States; or(B) except as provided in subsection (y)(2), has been admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa (as that term is defined in section 101(a)(26) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101 (a)(26))); . . . to ship or transport in interstate or foreign commerce, or possess in or affecting commerce, any firearm or ammunition; or to receive any firearm or ammunition which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce.
Hot Diggity Doge
The Weekend War Report
The DOGE OF WAR
Unleash the Power of the DOGE OF WAR
Please Donate to RLM
In This Doge Eat Doge World
- The people know that they have created this farce and financed it with their own taxes (consent), but they would rather knuckle under than be the hypocrite.Factor VI – Cattle
Those who will not use their brains are no better off than those who have no brains, and so this mindless school of jelly-fish, father, mother, son, and daughter, become useful beasts of burden or trainers of the same.
- Mr. Rothschild’s Energy Discovery
What Mr. Rothschild  had discovered was the basic principle of power, influence, and control over people as applied to economics. That principle is “when you assume the appearance of power, people soon give it to you.”
The Law of War
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF ARMIES OF THE UNITED STATES IN THE FIELD
Where Not Throwing Oppression Off, You Live Either Under an Occupation or by Conquest.
The Choice and Responsibility are Yours
United We Strike
Behind The Woodshed for that practical education & hard but necessary dose of reality.
Spread The Word Behind The Woodshed.