|The following is a batch of quotes attributed to Sir Edmund Burke that I like. While I like these quotes and several others by him, I certainly have many disagreements with him from what I have read about him. That being said, this is a demonstration that little snippets of wisdom can be extracted from unlikely sources. In this case, a career politician.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
“Those who don’t know history are destined to repeat it.”
“All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.”
“Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.”
“Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist.”
“The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.”
These are the links to the stories covered on the RLM News Show – July 05, 2013
- Tom Cloud: Gold and Silver Supplies Are As Tight As 1980 & 2008! | SilverDoctors.com
- June jobs report keeps Fed on track for tapering – MarketWatch
- Obamacare Strikes: Part-Time Jobs Surge To All Time High; Full-Time Jobs Plunge By 240,000 | Zero Hedge
- Have Central Bankers Lost Control? Could The Bond Bubble Implode Even If There Is No Tapering? – BlackListedNews.com
- Farm Bill in the U.S. House: Corporate vs. Needy Welfare | TheLedger.com
- Toronto Reviews Bid to Become Yuan Currency Trading Hub – Bloomberg
- Activist Post: Largest Sunspot In Cycle 24 Emerges: Chance Of X-Class Flare Increases Dramatically
- Commercials to be Broadcast Directly Into Consumers’ Heads – Alex Jones’ Infowars: There’s a war on for your mind!
- Syrian army assaults rebel held areas of Homs – KTVN Channel 2 – Reno Tahoe News Weather, Video
- At least three dead as forces fire on pro-Mursi protests in Cairo | Reuters
- Pentagon strengthens naval forces in Gulf | StratRisks
- Surveillance Cameras Wearing Party Hats For George Orwell’s Birthday – disinformation
- Are We Really Free When Big Brother Is Systematically Turning America Into A Giant Prison?
- Cops Lockdown Neighborhood After Shots Fired Into Air On July 4th – Alex Jones’ Infowars: There’s a war on for your mind!
- Park “Rules” Sign Summarizes Sorry State Of Freedom On Independence Day – Alex Jones’ Infowars: There’s a war on for your mind!
- Private Prisons Rebrand Themselves As Real Estate Investment Trusts To Avoid Taxes | Cop Block
- ‘Not Your Colony’: Bolivia Threatens Shutdown of US Embassy – BlackListedNews.com
- Courthouse News Service – Eminent Domain With Vengeance, and Dumb, Man Claims in Court
Canada Day Pressure Cooker Bomb Plot Straight Out Of FBI Field Guide To Drug Addict Terror Patsy’s
Since the couple were arrested on Monday, friends and neighbours have painted incomplete and sometimes contradictory portraits of the pair.
Friend Randy Tetzlaff said Nuttall was an active paintball player who had plenty of money to buy gear and would take a $100 cab ride to the area in order to play.
But the couple’s landlord said the two had limited means and questioned how they could finance the alleged bomb plot. CBC News reporter Steve Lus, who saw their basement suite, said the place was “a total pigsty” and that the couple lived in squalor.
One friend said both Nuttall and Korody were “really, really nice people,” while a neighbour described overhearing Nuttall yelling into his cellphone and “talking about jihad.”
Links to other Important Stories I didn’t have time to cover on the show
- CIA whistleblower to Snowden: ‘Do not cooperate with the FBI’ | USAHM Conspiracy News
- National Guard Trains For Civil Unrest (Photos) – | Intellihub.com
- EU Parliament votes to scrap US data-sharing deal unless Washington reveals spying practices | End the Lie – Independent News
- France Says ‘No’ to Snowden After They’re Busted for Spying, Too – Yahoo! News
- French minister dresses down U.S. at July 4 fete – Associated Press – POLITICO.com
- ‘We don’t need US Embassy in Bolivia’: Morales, UNASUR slam ‘imperial’ skyjack | End the Lie – Independent News
- Activist Post: Celebrating Independence at a Warrantless Checkpoint on the 4th
- WHO convenes emergency talks on MERS virus – FRANCE 24
- The Carbon Tax: Washington’s Latest Bad Idea, Oddly Shepherded By Republicans – Forbes
- Powerful Forces Promote Rand Paul | American Free Press
- The Daily Dot – Gun instruction video gets just about everything spectacularly wrong
- Canada Day plot suspects’ friends mystified by allegations – British Columbia – CBC News
- Wells Fargo outlines emergency plan in case of financial crisis | www.wsoctv.com
- Got Weeds? Use Vinegar, Not Roundup
- Global Climate: Cooling Fear Trumps Warming Fear
- Father: Teen Jailed For Facebook Comment Beaten Up Behind Bars : All Tech Considered : NPR
- Twitter Wants to Start Tracking You on the Web, Here’s How to Opt-Out
- How a 30-year-old lawyer exposed NSA mass surveillance of Americans—in 1975 | Ars Technica
Restore the Fourth: Nationwide anti-NSA spying protests hit US
An anti-NSA surveillance nationwide protest and online campaign was triggered on Thursday. It aimed to restore the Fourth Amendment of the Bill of Rights, which protects US citizens from “unreasonable searches and seizures.”
Cop says free staters are dangerous (according to detainee)
Cop says free staters are dangerous (according to detainee). In a society with press freedom, I would call authorities to verify this woman’s claims, even though I know her well enough to treat her as a sort of “reporter.” And I would record the whole interaction. But in the America we actually live in…various wiretapping laws have a chilling effect on such calls. In protest of these laws, and of the Mueller prosecution, I generally deny bureaucrats that type of opportunity to present their views by phone. It does save me time. But I will tend to waive this boycott and make the call if a bureaucrat reaches out and agrees to be recorded. And I look forward to the repeal of the laws that have limited open communication with our rulers.
Permission to reprint in whole or in part is gladly granted, provided full credit and a link back to this post is given.